Judges 15:15 He found a fresh jawbone of a donkey, reached out his hand and took it, and killed a thousand men with it.
Samson’s victory over the Philistines was based upon his willingness to obey God and use the weapon which God had provided. Human energy was inadequate.
It was God’s anointing that assured victory for Samson and the people of God.
Consider the weapons which God has made available to us today:
- The Weapon of PrayerIsa 66:8 Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall the earth be made to give birth in one day? Or shall a nation be born at once? For as soon as Zion was in labor, she gave birth to her children.acts 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.
Acts 3:1 Now Peter and John went up together to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour.
Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.
Acts 12:5 Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church.
- The Weapon of PraisePsa 149:6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand,
- The Weapon of Jesus’ BloodHeb 9:14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?Heb 9:22
22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
11 “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
- The Weapon of the Name of Jesus!Phil 2:9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.”
- The Weapon of the Holy SpiritActs 1:8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”Acts 2:39 “For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”
- The Weapon of SongPsa 32:7 You are my hiding place; you shall preserve me from trouble; you shall surround me with songs of deliverance. SelahActs 16:25 But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them.
- The weapon of the Word of GodHeb 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.Psa 107:20 He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
- The Weapon of God’s Presence
19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 “teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Acts 17:28a “for in Him we live and move and have our being, ‘
Based on a sermon given by J. Don George 1/9/05